Wednesday

:: Jo's Chinese Chicken Salad ::

Marinade:

* 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
* 1 Tablespoon sherry
* 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
* 1 Tablespoon soy sauce (I use low sodium)
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* 2 - 3 chicken breasts

Dressing:

* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
* 2/3 Cup sugar, preferably superfine
* 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon soy sauce (I use low sodium)
* 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2/3 Cup unseasoned rice vinegar

* 2-3 Cups shredded lettuce (I use romaine or dark green leaf lettuce)
* 1/2 Cup chopped unsalted & roasted peanuts
* 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
* 2 Cups chow mein or won ton noodles

Directions

Combine marinade ingredients; rub on chicken breasts and place in ziploc bag to marinate. Refrigerate chicken for 2 hours before roasting. Combine dressing ingredients until smooth, refrigerate until needed.

Roast chicken at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until done (when juices run clear). Cool and shred or cube chicken. Toss together 2 cups of chicken, lettuce, peanuts, sesame seeds, and chow mein noodles in a large bowl. Stir in dressing. You can add anything you like. I often add finely sliced red bell peppers, water chestnuts and/or jicama. Enjoy!